With new games coming out every month on so many different platforms, it can be really hard to decide which games are really worth your time. That’s where we come in, with this ever-changing list of the best games of 2022.
Picking out a new game can be really overwhelming, especially if you happen to own more than one console or a PC. That’s why we’ve decided to round up the best games released in 2022, all of which have been thoroughly reviewed so you know that you’re getting real-world advice.
And since we’ve made sure to include as many genres here as possible, from racing games to hack-and-slash titles, there really should be something for everybody. We’ve also included games that are playable on a range of platforms, including the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC and the Nintendo Switch.
And if nothing is catching your eye right now, make sure you bookmark this page and return at a later date, as we endeavour to update this list every time a new game is released. One of the most anticipated titles coming soon is Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, which we expect to review in the coming weeks.
If you are lucky enough to own more than one console and want to look at games that are more specific, don’t hesitate to check out our other best lists; we’ve covered best PS4 games, best PS5 games, best Xbox Series X/Series S games, best PC games and the best Switch games, so you know which games on the market are worth your time.
2022 Best Games Overview
- Best action-adventure game: God of War Ragnarök
- Best RPG: Elden Ring
- Best zombie game: Dying Light 2 Stay Human
- Best family-friendly game: Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- Best remake: The Last of Us Part 1
- Best racing game: Gran Turismo 7
- Best management simulator: Two Point Campus
- Best co-op game: Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Best hack-and-slash game: Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
- Best open-world game: Horizon Forbidden West