The Final Fantasy XIV 6.3 release date came up first thing during the Letter from the Producer Live Part LXXV, along with a trailer. Director and Producer Naoki Yoshida and Global Community Producer Toshio "Foxclon" Murouchi appeared to deliver the news. On January 10, 2023, the update will appear. There's also that new video teasing what will come in Gods Revel, Lands Tremble.
The new video teases the new storyline content and raids that are on the way. For example, we get to see Zero, who will play a prominent part. New story segments with Alphinaud and Alisaie will come up, and both appear in the latest trailer. There are also teases for the new raid.
In addition to that, per usual, we'll see new Main Scenario quests. There will be more sidequests like Tataru's Grand Endeavor, Tales of Newfound Adventure, and Hildibrand adventures. More Manderville Weapons are promised. So are Loporrits Tribal Quests. A new dungeon, new Trial, and new Unreal Trial will also appear too. The Alliance Raid Euphrosyne and Ultimate Duty 5 Omega Protocol Ultimate are showing up as well after 6.3.
The big changes in Patch 6.3, however, is the continuation of the Myths of the Realm Alliance Raid, with Part 2: Euphrosyne. Once again players will come face-to-face with The Twelve, the guardian deities of Eorzea. This is the land of revelry for the gods, and this time around players will be facing Nophica, Althyk, Halone, and Menphina. Of course, keep in mind to access Euphrosyne, you'll need to be level 90, have a sufficient equipment level, and be up to date with the Myths of the Realm questline.
Treasure Hunt is also getting a bit of an update and will change to a new treasure dungeon "The Shifting Gymnasion Agonon." You can access the new dungeon through a treasure map that's usable in Elpis.
Those are the major additions, but there are plenty of other smatterings of content as well, which we'll cover below.
- New Unreal Trial - Containment Bay P1T6 (Unreal)
- Additional Duty Support for Heavensward - Duty Support added for The Great Gubal Library, Sohr Khai, The Aetherochemical Research Facility, Xelphatol, The Antitwoer, and Baelsar's Wall.
- New quests for Tataru's Grand Endeavor
- PvP Season Three Starts as well as Season Five of Crystalline Conflict. A new arena for Crtyalline Conflict "The Clockwork Castletown" will be added.
- Island Sanctuary Update - New ranks, visions, items, materials, crops, animals, and handicrafts.
- New Housing Wards - All housing wards will get 6 new regular wards as well as 6 new subdivisions. (1800 new plots per world)
- Alternate UI Theme - Clear Blue
- Umbrella fashion accessory can be automatically opened when it rains
- New Gear
- New Custom Deliveries for Anden
Additionally, a couple of pieces of content will be added in the sub-patches for the 6.3 series, which we don't have exact dates for yet.
- (Patch 6.31) Ultimate Duty #5 - The Omega Protocol (Ultimate). This will release two weeks after Patch 6.3, and players need to have completed Abyssos: The Eighth Circle (Savage).
- (Patch 6.35) - Continuation of Somehow Further Hildabrand Adventures questline.
- (Patch 6.35) - Deep Dungeon #3 Eureka Orthos - In order to access players need to have complete MSQ of Endwalker and reached floor 50 of Palace of the Dead.
Outside of new content, there are some fairly major changes coming to the Paladin job, which fans have been asking for since the launch of Endwalker. Other jobs are only getting minor adjustments to usability. Below you can see an overview of the changes, straight from the latest Live Letter.
- Rotations have been shortened to accommodate high-powered actions.
- Damage over time effect for Goring Blade and Blade of Valor was removed and their potency adjusted.
- Divine Might is now applied after weaponskill combos, allowing an enhanced Holy Spirit to be executed once without casting.
- Holy Sheltron's effect has been changed to reduce damage taken, thereby enhancing defensive capabilities against damage over time.
- The previously removed Bulwark ability has been revamped and reintroduced, offering increased defensive capability.
- Utility of several other actions and combos have also been adjusted.